Greetings I Am Not Shad, A Reply To A " NunChucks Are Stupid" Video Well, I thought I'd throw my weight and two pennies into the mix on this. I had a feeling Shad of Shadiversity would get a few, interesting, comments in his comment section after making his nunchucks video, there's even been some response which I will link to below my own video, which you can click on to view right below this line of wonderfully written text. My own background in Marital Arts is that I am a former second dan in Tang Soo Do, a Korean martial art noted more for it's use of kicks, kicks of all heights, spins, jumps and yes flying kicks. We did also practise with various weapons including the nunchuck, I didn't cover any of this in the video because that would be too much of a deviation from the point of the discussion. When it came time to learn the nunchuck, I was a bit dubious about it, and there were some accidents where I hit myself with it while getting to grips with ...
Medieval Flails Building on the "nunchucks are stupid" this week I take a look at the "Medieval Flail", a weapon that has seen some controversy regarding it's historical accuracy, with some convinced it's nothing more than a Victorian fallacy, with the aim to "sex up" the Medieval ages with a strange and unusual weapon. Essentially taking the premise of the mace, but separating the striking head from the shaft by way of a chain, this certainly looks a daunting weapon to be facing off against. While there is some examples of it being used in history in the late medieval period, with some artwork showing it's usage from around the end of the medieval period and the start of the early Renascence, there's little in the way of written accounts from the time, or surviving artefacts that haven't later been proven to be from later periods. Even the accuracy of the artwork has been called into question as the depictions don't tend to sh...
Where does the Ruth Doctor fit into the Regenerations? Jodie Whittaker's last season as the Doctor brought back a very welcome element of the classic series, a true serial approach to the storylines with a good old cliff-hanger ending to tease people to watch the following episode. Something not seen since the very last serial of the Sylvester McCoy years, back at the end of the classic series run in the 1980s. Episode three also brought back the unexcepted but very welcome return of Jo Martin, as the mysterious Ruth Doctor, the Doctor we currently have no idea where she fits into with the chronology of the shows rather complex history. Her arrival in the middle of the six part Flux series, came much to my surprise at least (and a lot of the fandom in general it seemed) in chapter three. At the very least via flashbacks as Jodie Whitakers 13th incarnation of The Doctor experienced lost memories as this earlier incarnation as she took on Swarm and Azure, the main villains of the cur...
Comments
Post a Comment