The problem with Twitter (update, why I can't tweet)

The problem with Twitter (update, why I can't tweet)

UPDATE: I am now back on twitter, took them long enough to sort out, which is the only reason I've been able to add this message to twitter now! Apparently their algorithm can mistake posting regularly for spam, which is what they told me anyhow. The rest of the article remains as before.
So @Twitter update, for some reason I can't do anything on @Twitter right now. I can see my old tweets, but I can't make new tweets, my following counter has gone to ZERO so I don't get to see their new tweets. I can't PM anyone. I can change some settings but not many. At first I thought this was a problem due to the storms hitting the UK affecting the servers, but no, I finally managed to find a way to contact twitter and got this email.

"Hello,
Your account appears to have exhibited automated behavior that violates the Twitter Rules: https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311.

(rubbish by the way, I checked the link and have not violated any rules)

In order to continue safely using Twitter, please follow these steps:
1.Log in to your account on the web or open your Twitter app (iOS or Android).
2.You’ll see a prompt letting you know your account has been locked. Click or tap “Start”.
3.Select your country/region from the drop down menu, and then enter your phone number.
4.Click “Send code” and Twitter will send you a text message with a confirmation code (note that your standard message rates may apply).
5.Enter the code you received in the “Your code” box and click “Submit”.
6.You will see a confirmation message that your account is now unlocked.
Once you confirm your identity, it may take up to a few minutes for your account to be unlocked.

If you’re still experiencing an issue after confirming your identity, please reply to this message and provide us with specific details of the problem you're experiencing. We’ll do our best to help!

Thanks,

Twitter Support"

The problem here is after logging out and in and even changing passwords and setting access code telephone numbers I've still had no luck because instruction 2, doesn't happen.

There is no prompt at all, let alone a "start". option.

I've sent response emails back and heard nothing, so I got in contact with their webpage and got the same email back again.

I've sent messages to their facebook page and hear nothing back. I had to go into an existing post and type my query in there to get to send it.

So I'm not holding out any hope here, it's seriously annoyed me, and I don't want to have to make another twitter account because chances are the same will happen again.

But I'm all ears in case anyone has any ideas or even a way to contact #Twitter more directly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greetings I Am Not Shad, A Reply To A "NunChucks Are Stupid" Video

My thoughts on "cultural appropriation" after reading a Facebook post.

Day two of my blogging