So where have I been and why am I dusting this blogger off right now?

So where have I been and why am I dusting this blogger off right now?
Image result for blogger"


  
  First off all, hello, and welcome to the blog. I've not done one of these in quite a while, the back end of 2017 to be exact, and even then that was more in support of my youtube channel rather then specific articles. Which wasn't actually the ides originally, I had every intention of posting the videos on here along with more of a details write up, but that really played out.
  But I'm back with a review of Star Trek Picards first episode, which I had to say I enjoyed, but you can read more about that in the review, right now I have a couple of  other things I have to talk about.
  Where have I been as far as this blog is concerned? Any by extension, my youtube channel, because both have been dead in the water for awhile now I'm sorry to say.
  Well to be honest, the blogger never seemed to take off, I'm not even sure if it is the right kind of platform for blogging, I've never found the interface that friendly, beyond the section where you actually write the blogs that is, that's seems to make use of standard word processing setups that are simple enough to use, but the file manager and the sections to edit your blogs look, I've always found a chore to navigate and use. But having logged in today, I can see there is a new look blogger which I've not clicked on yet. I may try that later but right now I'm digressing.
   I got sick of using Blogger because it's just such a chore to use, but I'm going to give it a try and see what I can do with it. Maybe the new look version will answer my prayers?
  As for youtube, I got ill, twice. Once with a mental breakdown in 2018 which I can't go into details about, and a second time in 2019 that lasted three months which still has the doctors baffled as to what it was. Now this wasn't a mental breakdown in 2019, it started off as food poisoning, the kind where you spend a week rushing to the toilet to either vomit or have the world explode from your rear as you pebble dash the insides of the toilet.
  And this was at least once an hour, every hour for three weeks. Suffice to say I had lost weight, dropping from 12 stone 6 pounds to just over 11 stone and had spent many a sleepless night because of the regular vomiting. There was no way to go into work during all of that commotion.
  So,three weeks on the toilet, you'd think I'd be back at work after that right? All being equal I would have been, but I still had lingering problems of fatigue coming and going and leaving me with random bouts of feeling too weak to do anything and falling asleep at a moments notice, if I even got any notice.
  So as you might imagine, during all of that time, I simply wasn't in any state to do my day job, let alone anything else like youtube which does require you to be awake to do it. Add in all the tests the doctors have run, which included an hour or so inside an MRI scan, we still aren't sure what was causing the problems I was having.
  I should point out neither blogger or youtube is a source of income for me, I make no money off these as they are just hobbies and in the case of youtube I have neither the sub count or views needed to be monitized, and I have no idea what the rules on monitisation is on blogger. I will say this, the spellcheck sucks, you might notice a couple of spelling errors in this paragraph that I've left in as the spellchecker notices them, but can't give me correct spellings.
  Any even after having recovered, as much as I have done anyhow, I still didn't feel I had the time to go and do youtube as I felt I needed to rest a bit more once I got home from work.
  But I am making more of an effort to try to get back into the swing of things. I'm not sure where things will go as for as blogger or youtube is concerned, but I'm going to at least give it a try again, one way or another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greetings I Am Not Shad, A Reply To A "NunChucks Are Stupid" Video

My thoughts on "cultural appropriation" after reading a Facebook post.

Day two of my blogging