Steam version of LA Noire PC not launching? Here's a solution.

Steam version of LA Noire PC not launching? Here's a solution.Image result for la noire
  So LA Noire is a game that has issues on whatever medium your playing. The PC version has flaws that really shouldn't be happening but most can happily be ignored while you don the chemistry teacher outfit of one detective Cole Phelps.

  But one thing that should not be happening is the game not loading when you launch it. Indeed if you own the Steam version and run it on Windows 10, then this is probably the first issue your going to face.

  There's been various solutions to this including changing settings on the launch menu to default (of from default to something else and back again) or even loading up steam in admin mode, but these don't seem to work for everyone.

  What has worked for me is downloading and installing some missing files and installing them. Strangely the Steam page doesn't mention this fix at all, and it is odd that no one seems to have made any updates to the game files to help, but some on the community have helped each other out with getting access to these oddly missing files whose presence will have you back in LA, gumshoeing your way around in the fight against crime.



  You'll need to load each file in order with a god old double click and then run the game as normal and your back at your desk in LA as if nothing ever happened.

  And best of all if you have to uninstall the game for any reason, so long as you still have the download in place, reinstalling means the game will still load up in good, working order. Or as best as it can given how shoddy the port is. A PC remaster of this game would probably help a lot of the issues it has, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

  There's also ways to increase the frame rate to 60fps that I'm looking into, but at present, I'm working on a case of my own. The case of the missing Homicide Desk. All of those cases are currently missing despite having done two reinstall and happening to own ALL the DLC for the PC version. I'm currently waiting on a response from Steam about this and will update as and when I know more...

  As ever, let me know your thoughts below and maybe I can use any details you can through my way to do my own detective work in these matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greetings I Am Not Shad, A Reply To A "NunChucks Are Stupid" Video

My thoughts on "cultural appropriation" after reading a Facebook post.

Day two of my blogging